1.2. A cookie is a file that is downloaded to the user’s computer when accessing to certain web pages. Among other things, cookies allow a website to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or its device and, depending on the information they contain and the way the device is employed, they can be used in order to recognize the user.
2. Types of cookies
2.1. Depending on the entity that manages the domain from which cookies are sent and processes the data obtained, two types can be distinguished: own cookies and third-party cookies.
2.2. There is also a second classification according to the period of time they remain stored in the browser of the customer, which may be “session cookies” or “persistent cookies.”
2.3. Finally, there is another classification with five types of cookies according to the purpose for which the data obtained is processed: technical cookies, personalisation cookies, analysis cookies, advertising cookies and behavioural advertising cookies.
3. Cookies used on this Website
3.1. STURIOS CAVIAR uses the following analytical cookies:
- ac_cookies: technical and strictly necessary cookie that determines if the installation of cookies has been accepted. It expires a year after the last update.
- _ga: Google Analytics cookie that enables the unique visit control function. The first time a user enters the website through a browser, this cookie will be installed. When this user re-enters the website with the same browser, the cookie will consider that it is the same user. Only if the user changes the browser, it will be considered as another one. It expires two years after the last update.
- _gat: This cookie is associated with Google Analytics Universal. It is used to limit the speed of the request ̶ the limitation of data collection on high traffic sites. It expires after ten minutes.
- _utma: Google Analytics cookie that records the date of the first and last time the user visited the website. It expires two years after the last update.
- _utmb: Google Analytics cookie that records the time of arrival on the website. It expires 30 minutes after the last update.
- _utmc: Google Analytics cookie used for interoperability with the tracking code urchin.js. It is removed by closing the browser.
- _utmt: Google Analytics cookie. This cookie is used to process the type of request claimed by the user. It expires at the end of the session.
- _utmv: Google Analytics cookie. This cookie is used to segment demographic data. It expires at the end of the session.
- _utmz: Google Analytics cookie that stores the traffic source or a campaign in order to explain how the user reached the website. It expires six months after the last update.
You can find more information about it and disable the use of these cookies by clicking here.
3.2. No information about users’ personal data is obtained through web analytics, guaranteeing the protection of their privacy. The information acquired is related to the number of users who access the web, the number of page views, the frequency and repetition of visits, their duration, the used browser, the operator that provides the service, the language, the device used, or the city to which your IP address is assigned. This information enables a better and more appropriate service by this Website.
3.3. In addition to the analytical cookies aforementioned in point 3.2, this Website uses technical cookies that allow the user to navigate through the Website and use the different options or services available, such as controlling traffic and data communication, identifying the session, or accessing restricted access sections. The technical cookies used by this Website are the following:
3.5. According to the Internet features, we do not always have information on the cookies disposed by third parties through this Website. Therefore, if you come across this type of cookies on this Website and they are not described here, please let us know. You can also contact the third party directly to request information about the cookies placed, the purpose and duration of the cookie, and how it guarantees the user’s privacy.
4. Modify cookie settings
4.1. The user can allow, block or delete the cookies installed on the computer by configuring the browser settings installed on the same.
4.2. For more information about Internet Explorer click here.
4.3. For more information about Firefox click here.
4.4. For more information about Chrome click here.
4.5. For more information about Safari click here.